Trainees will develop their understanding of how the milking routine has its effects on milking performance and udder health.
- Recognise the importance of milking on dairy enterprise economics
- Understand the principles of milking machine mechanics and milking cow physiology
- Adopt best practice for milking routine and milking machine maintenance and know what to do in case of machine dysfunction
- Adopt best practice for controlling mastitis and somatic cell counts
- Implement suitable recording systems
Find a workshop in your area HERE
Why not take a look at some of our useful YouTube videos (more available on the Farmers Weekly YouTube channel)