The RABDF will be holding their final Youngstock Walk of 2014 in Dorset by kind permission of the Rogers Family, Longmoor Farm, Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 5QW next week on 25 September, giving farmers in the area a fantastic opportunity to learn more about successful youngstock and heifer rearing.
The aim of this walk is to exchange information on calf health and welfare whilst improving the performance of beef and dairy youngstock rearing.
The day’s programme will include
10:30am – Registration and refreshments
11:00am – Welcome by RABDF
11:10am – Farm introduction by Stuart Rogers
11:20am – Farm walk commences (please bring suitable clean footwear) and will covering the following areas:
– Optimise your calf performance – measure for success- Volac
– Younger, faster & more efficient’ – BOCM PAULS
– Disbudding calves – Pain erupting after the local’ – Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd
– Make your Farm a Fortress: Bio-security and infectious disease control – XL Vets
– Managing air climate, keeping cold calves cosy but fresh’ – Jamie Robertson
1:20pm – Lunch and opportunity to speak to farm suppliers and event sponsors
The day will begin at 10:30am with registration and will finish by 2:00pm. Lunch and refreshments will be provided but registration is essential.
For more information and to register to attend visit the RABDF website or call 0845 458 2711