Trainees will be able to define and detect mastitis and having developed an understanding about the balance between cow defences and the most common mastitis pathogens, calculate the costs associated with this disease.
- Appreciate the principle mastitis pathogens and their sources: where does environmental mastitis come from?
- Understand cow defences & immunity: why do some cows get mastitis and some dont?
- Differentiate dry period vs lactation:which is the priority for your herd?
- Understand how to reduce mastitis challenge: building design
- Understand how to maximise cow immunity: the importance of nutrition
- Appreciate the economic costs of mastitis