- Improve knowledge of different medicines available on farm and improve decision making
- Safely administer medicines to animals under their care
- Record medicine use in accordance with legislation
- Store and maintain medicines on farm in accordance with legislation and farm assurance requirements.
- Describe the difference between vaccines and treatments and the different legislative classes
- Describe basic differences that exist between different classes of antibiotic and the need for veterinary guidance for their use
- Describe the basic classes of anthelmintics and the need for veterinary or SQP guidance on their use
- Understand the actions of an NSAID and when they should be used.
- Understand the responsibility of those administering medicines to farm animals