- Be able to stomach tube a calf/cow safely
- Be confident to raise jugular vein in cow & identify it, be happy with technique for inserting needle (done on model)
- Calving techniques
- Be competant at taking a sterile milk sample, correct drying off technique/orbeseal insertion
- Calf rearing – incl feeding and housing
- Be able to give local anaesthetic and disbud calves safely.
- Accuratley BCS and mobility score cows.
Find a workshop in your area HERE
Why not take a look at some of our useful YouTube videos (more available on the Farmers Weekly YouTube channel)